Ready to Start Your Journey Toward Mastering the Violin as an Adult Beginner?
Watch a member's progress after few weeks of joining
Meet your coach
I am Rimma
The founder of Rimma Strings Academy. I hold a first-class Master’s degree in Musical Arts and pedagogy
(specialising in violin and viola).
My professional career spans solo, chamber music and orchestral appearances throughout Europe including Germany, Italy and Russia.
I am passionate about teaching people of all ages how to play the violin beautifully.
That is why I built this site to help people like you learn to play the violin the easy way.
You Will Get
100+ video lessons
This is just like a “Netflix” of violin lessons! New videos are added each week. Learning at your own pace.
Personal send in video coaching from me
Send in a video of yourself playing to get my personal feedback
Join a private group of adult learners
Great opportunity to get motivation from a lovely community of adult learners and play together
Weekly Live videos
Available on Phone, Tablet & PC
You can stream it on any device on a go!
Bonus for you
Free music sheets for practising
Tons of free music sheets to aid your learning.
Loads of music accompaniment
Never get bored again learning to play the violin.
Free One-on-One Lessons
Occasional one-on-one lessons to troubleshoot pain areas.
Monthly Practice Plan
Personal practice plan crafted to help you succeed in learning to play the violin
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Request an invite
Joining the academy is strictly by invitation.
Rimma Strings Academy is not open to the general public because Rimma values personal connections, quality feedback and attention to her students.
2. Meet with your Coach
Rimma meets with you to answer any of your questions and to go over how to best help you learn the violin.
3. Access Practice plans and worksheets
- Download your monthly practice plan.
- Access Your free music sheets for exercises.
4. Practise with Video lessons
- Track your progress.
- Learn at your own pace.
- Get simple instructions.
- Different camera angle, so you can’t miss.
5. Get personalised feedback.
- Submit your videos to get personalised feedback.
- Get healthy critique and motivation from me.
- I will be your number one fan 🙂
What are members saying?
As an adult learner, choosing an instructor was quite a challenge. Rimma has proven to be a refreshing and wise choice. She has brought a new dimension to my play; improving my technique, which has ultimately led to an improved intonation and overall playing. I can’t overstate her teaching methods.
Fun and engaging lessons! I have now been playing for about 4 months. Rimma has made it so much fun and I am amazed at how much I enjoy both my lessons and practising. Best investment I have ever made”
I have learnt soooo much from Rimma’s lessons! I’ve had my violin for less than 5 months and I have such a firm foundation and core understanding of the principles and techniques I need. I was unsure how easy it would be to pick up such a new instrument in my 50s. . I am really pleased with my progress after a few weeks. It’s been a pleasure and I look forward to revisiting many of the lessons since I get to keep them FOREVER!! You RAWK!”
Secure your place Now!
Due to high demand, the academy has limited space per session. Do not miss your chance to secure your place and start playing.
I like the simple steps of the course. For someone of my age (77) who has never played the violin before, it is important to start at the very beginning. I enjoy the tutor’s calm way and her excellent knowledge. It’s just the old fingers finding it difficult, but we’ll get there…eventually! Thank you for this delightful opportunity.
I was self-taught for the past year and a half, I had a lot of doubts and questions so I decided to acquire this course. It helped me a lot, from my posture to make sure the positions I was making were correct or not. Definitely, I learned a lot of basics I didn´t know. Now I´m in the pieces unit and I´m learning a lot. Would Recommend. Thanks, Rimma for being a very nice and clear teacher
Everything is explained clearly. I wish I had found her years ago. It would have saved a lot of frustration. Thank you!
01. Master the basics
- all about the violin as an instrument. Basics on how to hold the violin and the bow correctly. Also exercises on how to improve.
- about shoulder rest and how to use it to improve your playing skills. You will even learn how to construct it yourself without buying one!
- Rosin and how to apply the rosin to your bow for smooth playing.
02. Unveil bow control
- How to play Arco and pizzicato
- Bow positioning – This is vital to making great sound come out of your violin
- common mistakes beginners make when starting to bow
- Levels in bow control.
- A bonus video of how to attach a sticker to your violin.
03. Read music in violin
- How to read and play open strings on a violin. You get to have many exercises to begin playing open strings comfortably.
- How to play a song in the first position. All about fingering is made easy for you to start playing.
- Everything about reading music that you will ever need. Even if you have never read music before, this is the right module for you.
04. Level up with scales
- how to play with good intonation to eliminate weird sounds.
- why do you actually need scales if you really want progress.
- how to play more than 10 Major, Minor Scales including their arpeggios.
- bonus lecture for dynamics and practice exercises to master them.
05. Break down of songs
- Breakdown of different songs together with play-along.
- the dynamics in each song and how to approach it.
- the techniques to learn a song faster.
- dynamics – when to play loud or soft.
- bonus – Learn when to use the 4th finger.
06. Going Advance
- all about positionings in the violin including playing songs in 2nd and 3rd positions.
- bow articulations such as legato, spiccato, detache, portato, marcato, staccato and many more
- how to play double stops and Chords
- And many more
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Certainly! The Academy takes you through every stage of learning the violin, starting with the first time you pick up a violin. In fact, this is the ideal time for you to enrol in the Academy because, in addition to receiving training that will guide you through every step, you’ll also have access to Rimma’s criticism and the counsel of other students as you navigate your journey.
No, all of this is already covered by your Academy membership. You will receive personalised comments on the videos you play as well as free access to all of Rimma’s live classes.
You’ll be able to dive right into our Learning System, which is an essential learning path that will walk you through everything you need to know to play the violin beautifully. Explanation videos, play-alongs, workbooks, practise plans, worksheets, and everything else you need to learn are all included in our learning system. You’ll also be able to send your videos to Rimma for individual feedback and practise tips, as well as participate in our weekly group classes.
Membership is currently $29.99 USD per month. You can also save up to 50% if you’re on an annual plan($14.99)
We adhere to our commitments. After signing up, if you discover that you aren’t completely satisfied in any way, we will immediately refund your money (no questions asked).
Not at all. Anytime, for any reason, you can deactivate your account. You will have access up until the end of the billing cycle if you cancel before it ends.
It totally depends on you. You can progress through our learning system as slowly or quickly as you’d like, and it’s available 24/7. The subsequent group classes and feedback sessions with Rimma are optional; you are under no obligation to attend. You may simply fit your classes into your weekly routine thanks to the program’s flexibility.
Absolutely! Some of our members already have a violin teacher but still benefit greatly from this academy. Your violin teacher is probably only available for about an hour per week, whereas our academy is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our encouraging community, communal practice sessions, and additional feedback will help you stay motivated to practise during the week and be as prepared as possible for your private lessons!